Models made by Airbrushheaven staff

Models made by Airbrushheaven staff

Friday 15 May 2015

1:12 Tamiya Porsche 910 :- 1-chassis prep

Before I started on the engine I thought it best to spray the whole of the chassis floor so it could dry fully while doing other parts.  I masked off the gaps on the underside & sprayed the whole area with Humbrol Matt Tank grey (no.67) & allowed it to dry.

When it comes to thinning paint I get asked  a lot what ratio of paint to thinners should I use, well I have an old trusted method from a fellow model maker when I first started using airbrushes over 30 years ago which is thin it to the consistency of skimmed milk as every companies paint needs a different amount of thinner. 

Humbrol works out at 1/2 the amount of thinners to paint i.e. 10mls of paint I use 5mls of thinners,  14mls of paint has 7mls of thinners etc...

bottom floor of the Tamiya Porsche 910 painted


No comments:

Post a Comment